You’ll be amazed as you watch your students write, illustrate and publish a book in one day!
This competition is a fun way to help kids with serious illness. Funds raised through sponsorship go towards childhood cancer research.
Here is a quick guide of the process required to set up teams and get sponsorship for Write a Book in a Day.
1. Register. Once you’ve done this, you can log into the Team Coordinator Portal.
2. From your Team Coordinator Portal, you can add a new team. You can add multiple teams under a single registration. Only one registration is required per school/group. Please consult with other staff/members of your group to ensure there is only one registration.
Before you can add individual team members, permission needs to be gained from the parents/guardians of participants under 18. To make things easier, we’ve written a Parent Permission Letter to download and print. The letter requests the parent/guardian email address which will be used to receive their child’s login details and information for their Individual Sponsorship Page.
You’ll find the letter available to download once you have created a team. You can also download it on our Resources page.
3) Once permission has been granted, the team member’s details can be added.
Once these fields have been filled in, the parent/guardian will receive an email on behalf of their child which contains their unique username and password. It also has an editable section that can be emailed out to family and friends seeking sponsorship.
4) With the child’s username and password, the team member can now log in to the Student Portal where they can access both their Individual and Team Sponsorship Pages.
5) On the ‘Pay Fees’ tab in the Team Coordinator Portal, the entry fee and minimum sponsorship can be paid (if school is paying the sponsorship). On the Individual and Team Sponsorship Page, friends and family can sponsor the student.
If schools choose to, the payment of $70 entry and $240 minimum sponsorship can be paid by the school allowing the students to participate in Write a Book in a Day without seeking sponsorship.
Students take control
Write a Book in a Day is known for twists and turns! This year we’re putting the task of sponsorship firmly in the students’ hands.
Awards and Prizes
Along with bragging rights, there are State, Territory and National book awards to be won, along with prizes for top team and individual fundraisers.
Why write a book?
Write a Book in a Day is a fun team activity that challenges participants to step out of their comfort zone and do something extraordinary.