12 ways to raise money for Write a Book in a Day
- Use your fundraising page to spread the word at your school or office. Don't forget to add the fundraising page link! Pop it in a newsletter, on the intranet and email to family and friends.
- Personalise your fundraising page with a photo of your team.
- Host a Crazy Hair & Sock Day, where everyone goes bonkers with bouffants and silly with socks in return for a gold coin.
- Hold a literary character day. Combine it with Book Week activities.
- Update your progress on social media.
- Have a Read-a-thon. It's a great activity for students. Involve the class to set their goals and ask sponsors to give either per book or per page read.
- Spell-a-thon - another school activity! Pupils compete to spell as many words as they can.
- Jellybean guessing competition. A gold coin gives people the chance to guess how many jellybeans are in the jar. Whoever gets closest to the actual amount wins the jar!
- Write a Book in a Day book sale. If you wrote a book last year, print and sell copies at your very own book stall.
- Approach your local Rotary Club. Did you know some clubs will sponsor a team? At the end of Write a Book in a Day, organise the team to give a talk and personally present a copy of the finished book to the club.
- Ask your school or workplace to match your donations.
- Blog about your writing day experience and update your followers.